Monday, October 09, 2006

Truth in advertising

It's been brought to my attention that I am completely emotionally unavailable.

Apparently, this was news to no one but me. Even my fish (okay, virtual fish, who dwell happily in an online tank that I never have to clean thankyouverymuch), when presented with this information, were like, "well duh."

I guess the fact that even my fish are basically imaginary shoulda been a tipoff, huh? (We won't get into the fact that I discussed this issue with them.)

At any rate, I'm not the least bit upset about this revelation, if only because my profound level of detachment won't permit it.

In fact, I think I may even buy this t-shirt, with the intent to joyfully proclaim my achievement to the world...


...and, of course, to keep people away. That's what we call a win-win situation here in the Ninth Circle. Or, more correctly, what I call a win-win. Since, you know, there's no one else here. Except for my fake fish, that is. And they don't seem to give a shit about such things.

6 Comments:

Blogger Big Daddy said...

I think anyone who was born in the 70's is that way, actually.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Helen the Felon said...

You might be right about that. And there's the NYC factor, too...I was at least a smidge more welcoming when I lived in CO. Maybe.

4:35 PM  
Blogger GayProf said...

This post seems too intimate to me. Could you back off a bit? I feel like you are strangling me with your needs.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Big Dan said...

Damnit, I was already buying you that shirt for Xmas.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Da Nator said...

I think you should ask your cat - she would know better.

That is, you know, if she gives a shit.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Earl Cootie said...

Holy crap. I knew that sounded familiar. It just occurred to me. (I was thinking about things I don't understand:
1. How does one "spoil a cat"?
2. What does "emotionally unavailable" mean?

The 2nd Mr. Cootie said that our relationship's demise was due to my "emotional unavailability" (he also accused me of "spoiling the cat" but...), and I have puzzled and puzzled over that and I still don't get just what it means.

Or is that in itself my answer?

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here