Monday, November 21, 2005

Yet another bulleted list

Surprisingly Awesome Things I've Experienced in the Last Week:

  • New Professionals, who played with Drag Citizen last week. This Karen Curious person is really something. Coco summed it up best, referring to her as "the female Bruce Springsteen." Great songs, with a solid classic-rock sound and amazing vocal harmonies. They're cute, too. During their set, I overheard someone say "Damn, I pretty much wanna have sex with everyone in that band." Of course, that's no reason to like them...but it sure don't hurt nothin.' (Note: Drag Citizen and Everyothers both had excellent sets that night as well, and Scenic is a very cool little venue. Special mention goes to Danny Fever, who played the last song wearing a welders' mask, for some reason unbeknownst to...well, anyone but him. Rock on, or something.)


  • Harry Potter, Part IV. The part where the giant ugly chick ate something she found in Hagrid's beard almost made me piss myself. I'm still a little hung over, on account of dumping a bag of peanut butter M&M's into the mondo popcorn and washing it all down with about a gallon and a half of Diet Coke, but it was worth it.


  • Completely unexpected early-AM conversations with a couple of Denver monkeys I love tremendously and don't get to speak with nearly enough. A little surreal, maybe, but awesome nonetheless.


  • Showering on a Saturday. It was lovely. I might even do it again sometime.

Other updates: My cat fucking hates me, cool roomie Jenn is *NOT* moving away (woo!) and the novel is on temporary hold. I'm officially a NaNoWriMo dropout. Go me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shan said...

Hi. Have been reading your blog for a couple of weeks now and have been laughing my ass off cos you're probably the funniest blogger I've come across.
Have "added" you to my blog. Hope you don't mind?
Cheers.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Helen the Felon said...

Shan: Thanks! I'm a shameless attention whore, so add away. Wooo!

Michael: Back atcha, love. Have fun at the wedding!

1:14 PM  
Blogger alwaysanna said...

Showering on a Saturday - I'm impressed!

I myself don't shower on Sunday. Unless I didn't shower on Saturday. And even then, I only shower if my hair is so greasy that it hurts my head.

Some people think that's gross. I think it's helping the environment by saving water and energy. :)

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here