Friday, November 25, 2005

At last...

Yesterday, the thing I was most thankful for was Alka Seltzer Plus Cold Medicine. Charles and I are both sick enough that we canceled Thanksgiving, even. Ack.

Spending all that time in bed made me realize something important: There's just no reason for me to be alone anymore. It would be nice to have someone there to comfort me in times of illness, to keep me warm on these cold winter days. It's really time I really get back out there and make the effort to find someone.

And wouldn't you know it...as soon as I made up my mind, the resolution to my loneliness was right there in front of me. The wonders of the universe are truly numerous. Ask and ye shall receive.

Ladies and gentlemen, meet my new mail-order husband...


You'll forgive me if my posts are somewhat sporadic for a time...my love holds 7,500 songs, and I intend to listen to them all.

You'll see more of me once the honeymoon's over. If that ever happens, of course. There's enough love here to last a lifetime...let's pray his battery holds out that long.

7 Comments:

Blogger Shauntae AuPair said...

Sorry you're under the weather, H. Hope that the batteries on this toy last longer than any previous ones that may have wandered into your sheets! ;-)

5:45 PM  
Blogger GayProf said...

Wow! What a hottie -- You're a lucky girl.

6:00 PM  
Blogger missbhavens said...

SWEEEEEEEEEET!

So, you like 'em dark, eh?

Oh, man, am I ever jealous. Of course, I bought a plain ol' regular ipod this summer. Wih my luck I'll buy the video one and Apple will come out with an iPod that makes sandwiches, The iSnack.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Dashiell said...

I'm sure your kids will be beautiful.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Rocky said...

That is an impressive little fella you landed. I hope he helps start you off to a speedy recovery.
My only question: Would you still have embraced him with open arms if he was called an iLarry? ;-)

2:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damnit, someone else beat me to the vibrator joke.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Sudiegirl said...

Yeah, but does it vibrate?

That's the true test of whether it should really be your husband or just an acquaintance.

Sudiegirl

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here