Friday, May 19, 2006

Helen's Myopic Third Eye

Seemingly at random, I woke up this morning thinking about Evel Knievel. (No, nothing dirty, you filthmongers.) I was remembering his TV appearances in the 70's, and wondering how he's doing now. I even wore my (incredibly awesome) Evel Knievel shirt to work today. Then, a few minutes ago, I came across this. Coincidence? I think not.

This raises a pertinent question: Why do my psychic flashes always relate to the random or inconsequential? Just once, could I wake up with a set of winning lotto numbers on my mind? Or, like, Adrien Brody's phone number? Is that so much to ask?

Sigh.

I still love you, Evel. Get some rest, man. You look like hell.

5 Comments:

Blogger GayProf said...

I had an Evel Knievel doll when I was a little boy. That’s all I got for you.

If your strange psychic powers have anything for me on Anderson Cooper, let me know.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Da Nator said...

Would you believe I am also wearing my Evel Knievel t-shirt today? Dun-dun-dunnnn!

When we were in a meeting at my office discussing how David Blaine was going to be in his bubble in Lincoln Center, I strongly advocated that we have Evel jump from building to building on his motorcycle - or at least over the fountain - instead.

I hear Evel's son has a stunt show on TV, now. I'll have to check it out. Wish I had my old EK motorcycle toy.

Poor guy. But what do you expect, beating your body to a pulp for a living?

4:38 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Whoa, I too, had an Evel doll. Completely forgot about that. I though Evel was dead.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Earl Cootie said...

I remember when he (not quite) jumped the Snake River Canyon. It was all the talk on the playground. But I did get to see Philippe Petit walk a tightrope across the Superdome. Live! In person!

1:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I saw the article about Evel the other day..its sad but not unexpected. I do hope your super powers can be used for some good..like yes, lotto numbers or when someone in the office is going to get tossed under the bus by another coworker.

Come to think of it..the second reason could pay off financially too. :P

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here