Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Me talk pretty probably not ever

On Sunday, I tried to explain my feelings pertaining to the NYE shindig we threw at Charles and JFine's joint to a friend who is visiting from out of town. Due to the previous night's excessive champagne intake, which was followed by a few restless hours of sleep on a hardwood floor, I said something along the lines of "gaaaaah...love...(burp) neato...you know, tough...fun! uh...yep! see?"

She responded, understandably, with the kind of confused, patient half-smile usually reserved for sloppy drunks and overly chatty homeless people.

What I was trying to say was really more like, "Getting an actual life and finding the right people with whom to spend it is an intensely difficult undertaking in New York City. Last night's gathering affirmed that I've been lucky enough to do just that, and I feel pretty wonderful about it. There were a million parties and things happening all over the city, but I never gave a single thought to being anywhere else. After three-and-a-half years, I finally have the sense that my feet are solidly planted exactly where they should be, and things can only continue to get better from here."

I somehow managed to not fall down in those fucking shoes, even. Sweet.

8 Comments:

Blogger Aethlos said...

I'm very pleased to hear this. A woman of such with deserves worthy cohorts. The world is reading.... to see what happens.... next.

:)

3:50 PM  
Blogger Big Dan said...

With those shoes on you're almost as tall as I am wide! Glad you had a good New Years. You deserve nothing less than a great year and awesome friends, and maybe a visit from me! If you think NYC can handle it.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Helen the Felon said...

Thanks to you both for your kind sentiments.

Dan: Nice vag.

4:20 PM  
Blogger GayProf said...

What a great post, Helen! I am really, really glad that you are feeling like you are in a good space.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Big Dan said...

God forbid I'm nice, Jesus.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Shan said...

Oh yeah been there and done that with the hangover warble - Sounds like you had a great time and those shoes look pretty scary so good on ya for maintaing balance :)

12:21 AM  
Blogger P/O said...

aw, sweet.

happy new year!

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After I wiped that tear from my eye, I made a resolution to get a roll-away for next year. You shouldn't be subjected to a restless night on hardwood unless there's a hot hairy man attached to it! - Charles aka Freddie

2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here