Thursday, March 10, 2005

We went home in a fucking ambulance

Okay, not really...but considering the pain in my head this morning, maybe I shoulda.

But my oh my, was it ever worth it.

The benefit for Aaron was absolutely amazing at so many levels. The turnout was huge, which impressed but didn't surprise me much. The performances ranged from... interesting...to fucking STELLAR. Demander is a goddamn good band, Baby Dayliner rocked the pawty, Josh Taggart's rendition of Million Dollar Man absolutely KILLED, and the Giraffes...well...I've seen them play many, many times in varying states of inebriation, but this was...whao. There was beer spewing all over the room, cash, cups, and cans flying in every direction...MADNESS. Truly awesome. It was also Aaron's girl Maggie's birthday, so of course he surprised her with a cake and the whole messy crowd sang Happy Birthday. We had many, many Coronas, danced, banged our heads, and I even had the opportunity to drop a HUGE dis on a certain jackass who made the mistake of mistreating my girl Scully. (Mess with the bull & you'll get the horns, J.J. Get a haircut.) Overall...priceless.

The thing that stands out, though, is that Aaron kept saying, "I don't deserve this...thank you..." I couldn't disagree more. Gurn, you got EXACTLY what you deserved, which was a ton of mad love from friends and fans and strangers who are lucky to even know who you are. That's no bullshit. You, my semi-psychotic friend, are a good monkey. Just no more of this heart attack crap and we'll be good.

But, um...I'm the one that tagged you with a quarter during your set. Sorry. (Who knew my aim was that good?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here