Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Aaron Lives, and Matty keeps his promises

I promised I'd let you know when the benefit to pay Aaron Lazar's medical bills would be...well, here it is. This is the most amazing lineup I've seen since...um...the first Lollapalooza? Okay, so Living Colour's not on the bill. But some damn good monkeys are, so come on out and pay for Gurn's pacemaker. It's like oatmeal...it's the right thing to do.

I also told you back in September that my wonderful and much-loved co-Googler, Matthew Wiederkehr, had died of cancer at the age of 34. Of course Matt's death broke a lot of hearts, primarily that of his incredible wife Jen. But instead of curling up in a ball in the corner (as I probably would have done), Jen and Matt's friend Randy created Matt's Promise, a foundation intended to carry out Matt's dying wish. Awesome enough...but what's even awesomer is that if you click here, you can read the TIME MAGAZINE ARTICLE ABOUT IT. Yeah. Amazing. There aren't many I admire more than Jen.

If you'd like to make donations to Matt's Promise, please email me and I'll forward you all the relevant information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here