Thursday, October 04, 2007

Catblogging is for douchebags

Which explains why I've become so fond of it.

Whatever. I've been asked for Grady updates, and today is World Animal Day, so there.

This is Grady at seven weeks old, shortly after he came home...


And this is Grady at four-and-a-half months old...


He's gained about a pound in the three weeks or so since the second photo was taken. He's totally yooge.

Not quite yooge enough, however. The other night, my little boy suddenly decided it was time to become a man, and rushed the big kitty with the clear intent of mounting her. He jumped on her back, grabbed ahold of her scruff with his teeth...and realized too late that his legs weren't quite long enough to reach the floor from atop her. He clung on for a few desperate moments, legs dangling in the air, weiner nowhere near the magic, until the big kitty rolled her eyes and shrugged him off onto the floor with a tiny, effortless twitch of her shoulder.

He looked kinda like this afterwards...

It was, like, a precious family moment, or something.

Thank jeebus yet again that I don't have human kids.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger GayProf said...

I realized the other day that my relationship to my cat is the longest one that I have had with another living being outside of my biological family. Let that be a cautionary tale.

11:35 PM  
Blogger Amaya said...

Pic of big-kitty please :D. It is world animal day, afterall.

12:19 PM  
Blogger dpaste said...

I would imagine that last picture would have been more accurate HAD he found the magic, considering the grin he seems to be wearing.

What a cutie!

12:41 PM  
Blogger RG said...

I look that way when my personal trainer gets through with me.

2:32 PM  
Blogger more cowbell said...

Yeah ... I often ask myself why I didn't just stick with pets. Dogs are easier than the human animals. Hell, guinea pigs. Something. And no stretch marks.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Da Nator said...

I know. When my nephew mounts my niece it is so awkward...

7:25 PM  
Blogger dmmgmfm said...

Absolutely LOVE the photos, Helen. He's adorable.

2:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable! Absolutely adorable! - from a guilty sister catblogger

12:34 PM  
Blogger Maxine Dangerous said...

That is an illegal amount of cuteness right there. :)

2:26 PM  
Blogger BigAssBelle said...

cute kitty. i kind of want to squish him, he looks so soft.

my kitty, at 14, has suddenly taken on a new life. instead of vomiting massive quantities of undigested cat food 3-4x a day, he's actually keeping down the cans of nasty wet shit i've been feeding the last week. hallelujah! i'm thoroughly cat happy today :-)

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here