Friday, March 09, 2007

Sigh...

Brad Delp was found dead in his home today at the age of 55.

Say what you will about Boston as a band (although I will admit to being quite the fan back in the day**), but Brad's voice was pure and honeysweet and indisputably gorgeous. As a kid, I spent hours and hours howling along to Boston records in wholly unsuccessful efforts to emulate him. Karaoke warriors will struggle with his high notes for as long as there's karaoke.

Boston's website has been replaced with this simple, sad message.

Peace out, Brad.

** Yes, kids, I recognize that this means I'm old as crap. Whatever.

8 Comments:

Blogger Da Nator said...

Wow, a huge loss for classic rock. Let's just hope the gods are looking out for Steve Perry right now.

"I looked out this morning and the sun was gone..."

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell, I liked Boston "back in the day".

Guess I'm old too... :)

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If owning Boston albums makes me a nerd, call me Screech, or Urkel. He did have a sweet tenor/alto voice, and provided an excellent segment to our stoner soundtrack in my best friends basement. I will hang my head in shame and confess that there may have been air guitar moments to "more than a feeling" on more than one occasion.

11:13 AM  
Blogger TigerYogi said...

Very sad. My deepest sympathies to his family and friends...

11:43 AM  
Blogger rodger said...

I remember a great "Day on the Green" in 1979 when the thunderstorms started just as Boston hit the stage. I thought the stage would explode.

It was a welcome relief to the droning Sammy Hagar set just an hour earlier.

Never smoke dope on a hot sunny day and listen to Sammy play slide guitar!!! Droning and dreary!

1:36 AM  
Blogger lioux said...

R.I.P.

2:33 PM  
Blogger BigAssBelle said...

old, old, i am so fucking old. it appears i'm in good company, though. sad.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

You kidding? Boston rules.

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here